Saturday, April 26, 2008

Lovely Lahane

So I'm finally getting around to writing something - things have been absolutely nuts this week with work... but I'm just loving being back here in Timor Leste.

I'm staying with an old friend Danilo in Lahane, which is a little bit out of the centre of Dili, in a gorgeous little house with breathtaking views.

The view from the verandah

It's been so good to catch up with old friends, cooking, eating good food and drinking good wine. Being all the way over in Sierra Leone, I really miss my friends. Spending time with them is so good for the soul.

We've been eating well - but this right here was a particularly stand-out meal. We bought two ice cream containers full of clams for two dollars each, and Danilo cooked them up with loads of garlic, chili, olive oil, wine and some salt and pepper. Amazing.

No comments: