You will need:
- 200 grams of bittersweet chocolate
- 200 grams of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Some vanilla (or a splash of brandy as I'm doing)
- 5 eggs
- 75 grams of plain/all purpose flour
- A splash or sprinkle of coffee (this accentuates the chocolate flavor apparently)
Butter a small/medium cake tin and pour in the mixture.
Put into moderate oven until the cake is firm and a toothpick, match or knife comes out clean (mine took just under 30 minutes).
Ok so my version may not be the prettiest thing around, but if you tip it upside down it will be presentable enough. The holes in the top are just from me poking around to see if it's ready.